Monday, November 7, 2011

The history of my life WATCH STRAPping...

The history of my life WATCH STRAPping...

  • A Mickey Mouse watch - black leather strap or PVC strap but I remember that it was black.
  • Familiarised with Dalil and TIMEX - black leather strap or PVC strap but I remember that it was black.
  • My Mom's Citizen / Titoni - leather strap
  • Digital Sanyo - Stainless Steel
  • Citizen - Stainless Steel
  • Alba - Alba leather strap / after market rocker style cobra serpent strap / after market leather strap
  • Animal W001- velcro strap / after market leather strap / after market stainless steel
  • Gold Plated Seiko 5 - gold plated stainless steel
  • TISSOT PR50 - stainless steel
  • Fake Rolex Explorer 2 - stainless steel
  • Seiko Diver's SKX013 - stainless steel
  • Seiko Diver's SKX007 - original Seiko Tsunami rubber strap / original Seiko nylon strap
  • Casio PRO TREK PRG 130T - Original Pro Trek Titanium Base Steel
  • Rolex Day-Date 18k gold - Beautiful Leather Black Strap with gold plated Rolex Buckle
  • Rolex Explorer - Stainless Steel / Nato Strap / Kangaroo Black Nato Strap / Seiko Nylon Strap / Homemade Brown Vintage Leather Strap
My personal comment on straps:
  • Stainless Steel - no match, versatile, durable, water resistant, self-certified for daily bashing. e.g my Animal 001 finally used stainless steel.
  • Titanium Base Steel - no match, light weight, versatile, durable, water resistant, self-certified for daily bashing. e.g Casio PRO TREK 130T
  • Leather Strap - beautiful, but not so durable. Big No-No for swimming or shower purposes. Need to change after sometimes.
  • Nato strap - Durable, water resistant, skinny single layered nylon, I personally don't feel it right 'gonjeng'.
  • Seiko strap - Durable, water resistant, double layered nylon, so far the best nylon strap I've tried.
  • Seiko rubber strap - Durable, water resistant, suitable for daily bashing but it's rubber. I switch my seiko Tsunami rubber strap with the Seiko nylon just because it's rubber.
I've explored and tested so many straps, therefore now I'm making my own strap:
My Homemade Brown Vintage Leather Strap for Rolex Explorer 1 - simple, beautiful. rugged, silky smooth. Well, surely it's not for swimming nor shower purposes, and I'm testing the prototype and will let you all know the outcome, but not so soon.

Just see the photos in the Rugged Modern Vintages entry below.

Thanks,
Explorerdiver's leather stitching department :-)

2 comments:

Rolex prices are falling?

I totally agree with what is being exposed in the video below. It happened a long time ago, not really due to the CV19 pandemic; it is how t...