Saturday, April 4, 2020

Seiko Alpinist Prospex 6R35 - Great! But....


photo source: https://gearpatrol.com/2019/12/21/seiko-prospex-alpinist-watch/ 

Well, I am speechless! I don't know what to say about the new Seiko Prospex Alpinist. Why? Because it has a magnifying glass on the date. The design(exclude the cyclops) reminds me of my Rolex Explorer; which is so expensive nowadays! And I think due to the Covid-19 virus predicament, the world economy is slowing down. 


From my perspective, during this GREAT RE-SET, people are inclined towards food security, the safety of family, mental and physical health, and others instead of luxury items. How can people enjoy luxuries during this challenging time and spending more and knowing that there are people in the world in needs of foods, joblessness, and so on? 


However, some of us tend to spend more when stressed; it is called shopping therapy! I might fall into that category if not properly handled. 


Anyway, from the options above, despite all these great specifications: 

1. Rugged (Emmm...not really!) 

2. Sapphire crystal (Yes) 

3. 200m of water-resistance (Yes) 

4. 39.5mm (Yes I like this) 

5. The magnifying glass over the date, or "cyclops" (YESSS Thank you!) 

6. Compass (Yes...a toy) 

7. Seiko 6R35 automatic movement (70 hours of power reserve)... 


I still prefer the black dial, but it has no Arabic numbers (it has to be classic)! So, I'll put this watch in my KIV list, until Seiko Corp release one Alpinist that really catch my eyes in which I don't hesitate to spend (to replace my Explorer) during this economic downturn, or maybe not? 


The SARB and SARY...is also in my list...perhaps the elegant yet robust Tudor 1926 too...in which I hope doesn't have legibility issue with its dial and window date that I found too small to see without my glasses! 


 So, that's it, and yes, so far my Seiko Fieldmaster keeps fantastic and accurate time on my wrist.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolex prices are falling?

I totally agree with what is being exposed in the video below. It happened a long time ago, not really due to the CV19 pandemic; it is how t...