Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Why I Chose DAMASKO DA46 and Not the Others?

t was mainly due to these factors: 

1. 12-hour ring (according to US military specifications). I can use it as a tool for dual-zone timing

2. Hour, minutepermanent central small sweep second,  Day/date window with new, modified position 

3. Everything about the patented technology of the crown, case, Viton and, etc. 

4. Dimensions and weights


  • Diameter: 40 mm 
  •  Overall height: 12.40 mm 
  • Bezel diameter: 41.80 mm
  • Lug width: 20 mm 


5. Not really about the strap even though it is handmade, waterproof and rubber lined black leather straps with bead-blasted, hardened buckle and such -- I quickly changed it to my Seiko Nylon strap and switch to other leather straps just for fun. But if it is on duty, then the Seiko Nylon will be a picker.


6. It looks modest on 6.5 to 7-inch wrist.


7. It is a serious tool watch.


8. It is rare, thus far not many out in the wild.


9. It is made in Germany.


and (my personal view)


Why not the Damasko DA46 Black Automatic Watch? 

Because I am not sure about the extremely abrasion-proof Damest layer Icehardened to 60 HRC or 710 HV, fully hardened, a small chip on black coating will look ugly so, I prefer not to have my heartbroken due to that. I don't want to hate this watch man!


Why not Damasko Damasko DC66 or DC66 Si Automatic Chronograph Watch? 

1. Because I don't fancy chronograph watch; it is too complicated for me. 

2. The thickness height is 13.70 mm -- high and will look bulky on me. 


Why not Damasko DK10 In-House movement? 

1. It will be on my wish list if it has the same look as DA46 with the 12- hour ring. 

2. Clear back case put me off.


Why not SINN 857 UTC?

1. Because it has that small humidity detection capsule.

2. I don't like to see it turns blue -- it means "money", and it will bug you until you change it.

3. The GMT complication on 857 is replaced by the DA46 bidirectional 12 Hour ring bezel -- so it is less complicated on DA46 movement -- less to worry.

4. The only SINN that really hooked me was the simple, rugged #Sinn657 (and after 8 years - today 23 April 2020 and coming back to this post I prefer the looks of #Sinn656 - #Sinn556A/B and also Damasko DS30 but not the small window date - maybe it is because of the experience and aging factors?) and DA46 is the perfect alternative to it - (no longer an option!)


Finally:

This watch really smiled at me when I first saw it in the show-case. I had the same feeling when I first saw my Animal W001, about 15 years ago

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolex prices are falling?

I totally agree with what is being exposed in the video below. It happened a long time ago, not really due to the CV19 pandemic; it is how t...